Tuesday 9 July 2024

PASSION FOR MARKERS CHALLENGE #747: FAVOURITE COLOURS

 


Good Morning friends!

We have a wonderful theme at Passion for Markers this week.  We'd like you to use your
FAVOURITE COLOURS.

I LOVE browns and my favourite combos are anything with brown.

Up for grabs this week, we have 2 digi images from our sponsor:



I've used a beautiful image from our sponsor this week, called Roses.  I've coloured the image with Copics and used a Poppy Crafts stitched edge die to cut it out.  I layered the image onto another die cut oval, using the same die.  Now I specifically didn't clean up the edges of the image, where my markers bled outside the lines, to prove a point.  We as colourists, are often extremely hard on ourselves, and yet, if you look at the finished product, I'd bet you didn't even notice that my colours had gone out of the lines.  The overall image is what grabs the recipient's eye, not the tiny defects.  Go ahead... zoom in on the close-up of the image and you'll see lots of area that I'd normally use a white pencil or gel pen, to cover up.  I have used a white pencil to highlight on the image.

My paper is from the Stamperia Coffee and Chocolate paper pack.  I've added three little Bo Bunny candy dots and a die cut sentiment, using a Creative Dies die and then colouring the die cut, using the same colours I used for the image.


We're hoping to see lots of your favourite colours this week, and we hope you have lots of fun creating.

Thanks for popping in!

Linda


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge 2427: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Linda, when I saw this beautiful card I knew that you were the Linda that created it! Your coloring is stellar, and I love how the roses look against the wood patterned background. I'm going to save it in my inspiration folder for later CASEing! TFS
    Kathy A aka myasperations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda, just popping by with my Crafty Calendar Challenge hat on to say thank you for joining in with this month's challenge with this fabulous card! Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!