Wednesday 31 October 2018

PENNY'S PAPER-CRAFTY CHALLENGE #404: ANYTHING GOES


Hi Everybody!


This week at Penny's, we have two fantastic sponsors, with 2 fantastic prizes up for grabs!



and


I have used a gorgeous image from A Day For Daisies, called Mr. Right.  I have coloured the image with markers, and added in a morning sunrise for them.

This image really touched my heart!  My husband and I love watching tv series together.  We particularly love British crime series.  There's a scene in the British version of the Swedish series Wallander, where the main character (played by Kenneth Branagh) is having an argument with his father, who is battling dementia.  The argument ends with the father walking off to sit on his favourite bench with his wife, and he exclaims, 'at least I have found someone to sit with' - jabbing at the fact that his son lives a painfully lonely, single life.

Having 'Someone to sit with' as you grow old is such a beautiful thing to think about, and it became a phrase my husband and I often referred to as the most important goal to work towards in life.


My image and sentiment have been cut out using Poppy Crafts dies.  My papers for this card come from the Craft & You Design I Love Vintage pack.  I've added a strip of lace along the edge.  The heart swirl is a laser cut by The Dusty Attic, and the film strip of a laser cut by Celebr8 - a connection to the tv series.  I've sprayed both laser cuts with white Gesso.  I've added a few little pearls and two pearl hearts.




We'd love you to join us this week, especially with these two fantastic sponsors giving prizes!  You can pop to either of their stores by clicking on their logos above, or head to our challenge to get a little more inspiration for your crafty week.

Thanks so much for popping in for a look!

Linda

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Creative Moments Challenge 155: Anything Goes + Optional twist: Spooktacular
Crafty Friends Challenge 95: Circles
Addicted To Stamps and More Challenge #316: Anything Goes
Colouring in Scrapland October Challenge: Anything Goes + Optional Twist: Halloween


4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Linda, both your card and post actually!! A wonderful message, one that I will remember xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty scene! Love the details and beautiful image. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab card for our challenge at Crafty Friends. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card!!! Thanks for joining us at Colouring in Scrapland and good luck!! Esther (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!