Tuesday 11 September 2018

PASSION FOR PROMARKERS CHALLENGE #461: YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR COMBO


Good Morning ProMarker lovers!


We have a fantastic prize up for grabs at Passion for Promarkers this week!

will be giving our lucky winner 2 digi images of their choice!

I have chosen your theme for the week.  I'd like you to use your 
FAVOURITE COLOUR COMBO

My favourite colour is purple and one my favourite combos is purple & black.

This week I got to use a really fun image from our fantastic sponsor.  The image is called A Dunderton Abroad and I've coloured the image with Promarkers.  I also drew in the background for him.

Skin: Blush; Sunkissed Pink; Coral; Cinnamon
Moustache: Warm Greys 2 - 5
Black: Cool Greys 3 - 5; Black
Silver: Cool Greys 1 - 3
Bandanna & Shorts: Lilac; Violet; Aubergine
Purple: Orchid; Amethyst; Purple
Pink: Cocktail Pink; Carmine; Magenta
Suitcase Label: Blue Pearl; Pastel Blue
Shirt Leaves: Leaf Green; Grass; Pine
Sky: Sky Blue
Tree: Leaf Green; Grass Pine; Forest Green; Lush Green; Emerald; Holly; Sandstone; Caramel; Cocoa; Henna

So I decided to make my first Magic Slider Card.  I'm not sure I'll ever attempt another one, as it took me two full days and I'm not entirely thrilled with the results.  Here's the video tutorial I used, if you're interested.  I'm sure my frustration came from deciding I was going to have the slider come out sideways, which meant the longest side of my image.  I ended up having to add two brads to the original eyelet to pull the tag out, to keep the acetate in place.

I also needed to source acetate specifically for use with inkjet printers, which proved to be difficult and expensive!

My paper is from the Heartfelt Creations Woodsy Wonderland collection.  The sentiments are freebie clear stamps that came with a craft magazine.  The travel goodies are Little B.  I've also used a strip of dotted washi tape on the edge of the slider pocket and added some pearls.




Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the image before I added the acetate, so these are all through the acetate.

Well, I hope you'll join us this week, showing us YOUR favourite colour combo!  

Remember to use your Winsor & Newton products (Promarkers; flex markers; tria markers; aqua markers or metallic markers) and we'd love you to mention which you've used.  

You can use the logos above to head back to the challenge to see what the rest of the team have created to inspire you this week, or to visit our generous sponsor.

Linda

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



Whoopsi Daisy September Challenge: Anything Goes + Purple
I ♥︎ Promarkers Challenge #367: Anything Goes + No Patterned Papers
Artistic Inspirations Challenge 206: Anything Goes


7 comments:

  1. wow - what a great card. I never have managed to make a card with the colour change technique, you've used it to great effect here. I also love that mini camera and polaroids - so cute. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing card!! Spot on colouring Linda and you have done a fantastic job of your first ever slider card!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant - I really need to try this technique!

    Thanks for playing along over at I Love Promarkers

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way fun! Love your design! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. At least with that cheerful shirt, he won't get lost from his wife :-) Love this card, Linda.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made such a beautiful card :-))
    Thanks for playing with us at The Male Room and I hope to see you again next time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a very fun card! Wonderful colouring, too. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!