Monday 1 June 2020

DIGI DOODLE STUDIOS CHALLENGE #28: ANYTHING GOES


Good Morning fellow crafters!


It's June, one of my favourite months of the year, and we have a new challenge on the go at Digi Doodle Studios.  Our theme this month is:
ANYTHING GOES!



I've made a simple easel card using Taylor's New Job.  I decided to make a slight change to the image, so I could head in a crafty direction, rather than an office direction.  The image comes with 'Boss Lady' on the desk sign, and I changed that to 'Creative Genius' instead.


I've coloured the image with markers and used a Tim Holtz stencil and distress inks to make the wall behind her.

My papers for this card came from the Stamperia Little Boy paper pack.

Now, the frustration making this card came with the lack of embellishments aimed at a crafty/cardmaking/scrapbooking recipient.  How is it that you can find stickers, buttons, brads, charms and miniatures for every other theme imaginable, but a card maker can't find a single embellishment for a card for a fellow card maker???  It's ridiculous!

The best I could find was a Simple Stories paper pack with a sticker sheet, called Hey Crafty Girl!  I've used the two pink sentiment stickers from that sticker sheet.

I then had to add little embellishments I would use on any other card - a few little charms from my stash, Papermania little buttons, Doodlebug Design little heart stickers, Queen & Co glitter dots, and Jenni B flowers.  I then twirled a ribbon across the bottom.

For the inside/base of the easel card, I used a Spellbinders die to create the panel for writing on, and a Paper Rose die for the sentiment anchor.  The fabulous sentiment is an Art Impressions rubber stamp.









We're looking forward to seeing all your gorgeous creations this month - just remember that your project must have a hand coloured image on it.

Head over to our Facebook group if you'd like to see Digi Doodle Studios inspiration all through the month.


Or just head straight to the store for all the cuteness you can take!


Thanks for popping in for a look today!

Linda

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Gal's Corner Challenge #207: For the Ladies
My Time To Craft Challenge #433: Use A Stencil
Crafty Friends Challenge 136: Add Embellishments
Di's Digi Challenge: Include A Sentiment
Colour Crazy Challenge Week 20: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Oh my I want this one!!! This is what I need on my craft desk, lol. Great coloring and oh so true. I always have good intentions and then.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous card!I love combo colors. Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge this week.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Linda!!! Thanks for linking your terrific stenciled brick wall backdrop for your crafty gal to MTTC's stencil theme challenge! I think you did a super job making this!--Becca S/DT for MTTC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Linda - beautifully coloured and I think you did a great job with the details.

    Thanks for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!