Wednesday 26 July 2023

THE PAPER SHELTER 2023 SUMMER BREAK CHALLENGE: ANYTHING GOES


Good Morning lovely crafters!


Our theme at The Paper Shelter this week is:
ANYTHING GOES


 I absolutely love Steampunk themed 'things' - clothing, cards, etc, so I just had to choose Steam Punk Girl for this one.    

I have coloured the image with Copics, and then cut her out by hand.

I had SO MUCH fun creating the background for her.  I started with black card, and added all my background goodies: Scrap FX laser cuts, Ultimate Crafts lace, Reeves Modeling Paste to add some depth, and then Prima Mini Art Stones, to roughen that surface a little.  


Once that had had a chance to dry overnight, I sprayed everything with Gesso.  Unfortunately I only had white Gesso on hand.  If I'd had black, I would have wiped some of the colour off, once it was added, to reveal some of the black underneath.  Another night to dry, and then I could start playing with colour.  


I chose the Prima Metal Rust Set of Rust Effect Paste, and painted over everything.  After yet another night to let everything dry, I touched up those areas that still had white showing through, and gave it a few more hours to dry, before assembling everything.  


I've mounted the image with puffy pads, and added a few Solid Oak Inc Steampunk embellishment; a Ribtex lightbulb and rose chain; Tim Holtz gears; and a few metal brads from my stash.








Up for grabs at The Paper Shelter this week is our usual fantastic prize!  Our winner will win a $30 store voucher if you've used a Paper Shelter product on your entry (you could choose the pre-coloured image, the black and white digi, or the digital paper that comes in the set), or 3 digis of your choice, if you've used another brand.  You can enter the challenge up to 3 times, provided you've used a Paper Shelter product on at least one of them.

Thanks for popping in!

Linda

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge 2329: Anything Goes
Worldwide Crafts and Colorists Challenge #7: Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Jan's Digi Stamps July Challenge: Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Corrosive Challenge #7: Anything Goes (2nd entry)

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Great Steampunk artwork!! I love how you did this! Marvelous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you outdid yourself this this remarkable card. It was wonderful admiring all your details, and how you achieved them. SO impressive. I hope your well-deserved break is enjoyable. Take good care of yourself Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative Steampunk background perfect for your beautifully colored image, Linda! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Linda. I like the grunge look of the background. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!