Wednesday 25 March 2020

THE PAPER SHELTER CHALLENGE #420: FLOWERS OF SPRING

https://thepapershelter.blogspot.com/

Good Morning lovely crafters!

We have a super new challenge for you at The Paper Shelter this week!  Your theme is 
FLOWERS OF SPRING


This card very nearly didn't make it onto my blog!  I started with this gorgeous image called The Huntress, and coloured her with markers.  


I then used a Poppy Crafts die to cut her out.  From there I picked my papers, which are from 2 different Maja Design paper packs: the pink from the Vintage Romance pack, and the green from the Sofiero Collection.  I picked a bold green cardstock for borders and then the ivy laser cut from Scrapaholics, and THIS is where things started to go wrong!

The original laser cut cardboard is quite dark.  I tried colouring it using the same greens I'd used in the image, but they looked horrible, so I decided I needed to start from a white base.  I sprayed it with white Gesso, let it dry and then tried colouring again.  I've left the marker ink on the arrow along the top, so you can see what it was looking like.  Again, I wasn't happy, so I decided I'd need to paint it.  The only thing I could find in the colour I was looking for was Prima Finnabair Rust Effect Paint.  I was finally happy with the look, but it does have a gritty (sandy) feel to it.


When it came time to add flowers, I faced my next challenge.  I attached all my flowers (green Tara) and just didn't like the finished product.  At that point I decided to scrap the whole project, and started colouring a new image, but with a new morning came new inspiration and I added more flowers (Green Tara and 49 and Market), this time the blue, white and deep pink, and FINALLY the card looked good to me.  The new colours seemed to add some life to the image and card overall.


 Hopefully your creation this week will spring from your desk easier than mine did!

http://www.thepapershelter.com/index.php?main_page=

Up for grabs this week is a $30 store voucher if you've used a Paper Shelter product (it could be the black and white digi if you enjoy colouring, the pre-coloured image, if you don't, or one of the digi papers), or 3 digi images of your choice, if you've used another brand.  You can enter up to 3 times, provided you've used a Paper Shelter product on at least one of them.  

Let's see those flowers!

Thanks for popping in for a look today!

Linda

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge #112: Anything Goes
A Bit More Tome To Craft Extra Challenge: Anything Goes
Pearly Sparkles Challenge #49: For The Ladies/Girls
Craft Rocket Challenge #68: Flowers
Love To Craft Challenge #44: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. This is super, what a great card and love the colouring as always, hope alls well with you and yours, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!