Thursday 2 September 2021

CUTE AS A BUTTON CHALLENGE #72: ANYTHING GOES + LOTS OF LAYERS


Good Morning crafters!



Our new challenge has kicked off on the Cute As A Button Challenge Blog, and this month, the team have the theme of LOTS OF LAYERS.  You are welcome to follow the theme along with us, but it is optional, so don't let it hold you back from entering the challenge.



The image I've used is called I'm Sweet On You.  I have coloured it with Copics, and used a Poppy Crafts die to cut it out.  

While we're on the topic of dies, I also used a Jeanine's Art die for the doily and a Bo Bunny die for the sentiment tag.  I had to send the doily through twice and it moved the 2nd time, leaving a bit of a shadow cut, but I quite liked the 'tattered' look it had, so I decided not to pop out all the bits from the doily, just for something different.

My papers are from the Asuka Studio So Sweet paper pack.  Even though the back paper has a wonderful watercolour wash of colour, I felt that the revealed areas were a little bland, so I spritzed a little Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist onto it, in Cappuccino.  I have torn the edges of the woodgrain paper and inked the edges.

The butterfly swirl is a Little Birdie chipboard laser cut, which I have coloured with one of the pinks from the image.  The corner laser cuts are Celebr8.  I've coloured them with one of the greens from the image.

I've added three strips of lace.  The pink and white were from my stash (unnamed).  The green one is Ruby Rock-It.  I've also added lots of pearls and Prima flowers.






Pop into the Cute As A Button store to see more of these gorgeous images.



If inspiration is what you need, why not visit our Inspiration blog, where the team showcase Cute As A Button images throughout the month.


And don't forget to join us online, where there are more opportunities to win Cute As A Button images, and lots of inspiration too!



Thanks so much for popping in for a look!

Linda


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Di's Digi Challenge: Recipe  I chose: Pearls; die cuts; lace; flowers
Through The Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge: Anything Goes


1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!