Sunday 21 November 2021

COFFEE WITH HER

 

I don't normally make Clean and Simple cards, but the couple who will be receiving this are 'clean & simple' types.  The card turned out to be a lot more work than it should have been, because it came with a crafting disaster.

I had intended to use an embossed heart sheet behind the image in plain white, but my sandwich got stuck in my eBosser when I sent it through, and no amount of tugging could release it.  I even tried dripping baby oil onto the plates, hoping to lubricate them, and then unscrewed every screw I could find and took the machine apart, but I didn't have the strength to force the gears, and so I have set my machine aside, still gripping the sandwich, for my husband to tackle when he has time.  

Short of the embossing folder I wanted to use, I had to come up with a new plan, and chose this sheet from the DCWV French Whites paper pack instead.  I actually love how it turned out.



My image is called Coffee With Her, by Krista Smith.  I coloured the image with Copics and used a Poppy Crafts die to cut it out.  (pre-disaster)

Thankfully I have a 2nd embossing machine - a roll-by-hand one, so I was able to die cut my sentiment with that, using a Find IT Trading die.

I've added one little gem in the corner to finish the card off.



Thanks for popping by to have a look!

Linda


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #93: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, this is fabulous! Amazing coloring, great image and card design, love it!


    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you're the mistress of coloring! Your works are gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!