Wednesday 27 January 2021

THE PAPER SHELTER CHALLENGE #454: HAPPY BIRTHDAY


 We have a fun new challenge starting at The Paper Shelter today!  Our theme for the week is:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
It couldn't get any easier than that!


I've created a groovy card using Charmingly Hippie.  I wanted to give her an 'updated' look, but keep my card psychedelic and fun.


I've coloured the image with Copics.

I have two different paper packs, perfect for an image with a hippie theme, but I had already coloured her before I pulled them out, and neither looked good with her, so I pulled out one of my oldest paper packs for this one: DCWV Nana's Kids.  The colours were exactly what I was looking for.  

I've added a flower strip and a peace sign from one of my original paper pack choices: Groovy Kit by Ella & Viv.

My giant sentiment is die cut using dies from two different Crafti Potential stamp & die kits.  My flowers are 49 and Market.




I was surprised at how hard it was to put this card together.  The background paper is so bold, it was hard to find flowers that didn't clash too badly, or get lost.   I'm quite happy with the end result though.


Well, up for grabs this week is our usual fantastic prize!  You could win a $30 store voucher if you've used a Paper Shelter product on your entry (black & white digi, pre-coloured image or digital paper), or 3 digis of your choice if you've used another brand.  You can enter the challenge up to 3 times, provided you've used a Paper Shelter product on at least one of them.

Have fun!

Thanks for popping in for a look! 

Linda


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday January Challenge: Something Old/Something New (An old image coloured up in a completely new way)
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #83: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. I also have this paper pack and I should seriously think about using it. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, You made me smile. Great paper selection for your hip image. Thank you for sharing your psychedelic creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck, stay safe and happy crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab coloring, Linda, and I especially love the color combo! Fresh as spring. :-D Thank you so much for entering and supporting our "Anything Goes" challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps this month. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda this is delightful. You have such a knack for using just the right colours and embellishments that add that extra pizazz to your cards. You already know how I love, love your colouring. As always, my friend, beautifully done!
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card with these pretty colors and cute image!
    Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! Hope to see you again tomorrow when a new theme will be posted!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!